LECTURE-1
Background realities/Previous Perspective:
After four years of working in a Maharatna public sector company, NTPC, I got to know the nature or characteristics of people who are actually working i.e. the lower management in an organisation .But they are actually the ones who do the work which is assigned to them by middle management which in turn is given to them by higher management. So the actual planning is done by higher management executed by the lower and middle management acts as a facilitator of work. So if any of the link does not work well then the work gets hampered.
My new life in MBA comes with a different opportunity which I am doing for the first time in life i.e. ‘Writing Blogs ‘ and never had thought that a B-School can harness your capabilities and develop them in more refined way.
Learning through captions & exercises
1)Socho beccho,beccho seekho,seekho socho
As rightly said by Dr. Mundi that “think, sell and learn and apply that learning to think in more refined way and the cycle continues”. In my experience at NTPC ,I developed a whole new system to monitor the project assigned to me but I never thought to brainstorm and find out the shortcomings in my monitoring system . LEARNING : So now I got to know that if one has to remain updated and competitive he has to innovate from his previous learning.
2)Aaj ki roti aaj hi kamayenge(Earn your today’s bread ,today itself)
When I was doing my job in NTPC,I receive my salary at the end of the month and that made me a risk-averse person and I never broke my cocoon to see the world outside and harness the capabilities available with it .LEARNING: But after my first lecture I have learned that every person can earn his bread and butter while doing any activity possible in this world , its just that you have to be a risk taker and should have a open mind to grasp anything which comes your way .
3)Tower building Exercise
Dr. Mundi has given a task of block building one over the other but with some constraints like the person(lower management) has to be blind folded and complete the task from the non-dominant hand. Middle management(performed by me) has to direct the lower management in setting the block one over the other. Upper management person has to look into the business growth and direct the middle management person at few different times. We three as a team performed in co-ordination and stacked a record 18 cubes .
LEARNING: As a middle management persons I have to be positive, have faith in lower management person, direct him in a way so that he should be most productive, take care of his needs while he is giving his 100 %. One more point which I have learned is that market or the audience is supportive of the company if they are directly/indirectly getting a profit in any terms like monetary,recognitive etc.


INSUFFICIENT BLOG..
ReplyDelete